Tuesday, August 18, 2009

japanese style.

Crazy days. But here I am now, at the Cutters Academy in Gothenburg. Hoping that this year of cutting and sewing will learn me something and give me a base to stand on.
Today, the secoond day, we worked in groups and made clothes with inspiration from origami that we will present tomorrow. This is what we made. The fabric is almost like plastic but hard, like the type you make umbrellas of. I got so inspired, that I ran to the library directly after school and borrowed the book Complete origami and other paper foldingbooks. I might not want a hole dress of paper, but it is an interesting technique. And probobly the funniest way to start the schoolyear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you want to know more about me or my work, do not hesitate to contact me.
kisses